Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunday . . day of rest . .. day of peace . . day of contemplation

Sunday is my favorite day. There are times that I wish I had "7" Sundays a week, but then I realize it wouldn't be my favorite day anymore. The biggest thing on my mind right now is getting through this next week and being able to accomplish everything I need (or want) to do. Some things I have no choice (cleaning out files at work, packing up the office, saying my good byes) and others are because I don't want to leave anything undone. The question about HOW? is my greatest challenge.

I am a woman of faith and I know that I can accomplish miracles if I put my trust in God's hands. I will admit that I really, really, really want to see the store be successful. At this point in time, my life depends on it! I also want to see the "Autism Awareness Campaign" kick off a new tradition for Devine Memories so that we can give back to the community and to others who need love and support. Michelle has such a strong vision for this and I want to see her dreams come true.

I find great comfort in the hymns and as I was looking through the hymn book today, I found these words to be calming and encouraging . . . I have highlighted what seemed to jump out just for me.

"Be still, my soul: The Lord in on thy side;
with patience bear they cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heavenly friend
thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
to guide the future as he has the past
.
Thy hope, they confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

In my heart of hearts I know I am doing the right thing. In my heart of hearts I know that I am not alone. This is the end and the beginning of a new ME!

LIFE IS GREAT IN MESA, ARIZONA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home