Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Friday, August 18, 2006

Isn't This Great?

So . . . today is the first Friday I have had off in months and I started to tackle my house which has been very much neglected for the past 10 months! To apppreciate the pictures, I need to go back in time and let you know where I am coming from.

Ten months ago I had BIG ideas to remodel my house. I even had someone come in and draw up plans, etc. I was going to extend my family room out into the back yard an additional 12 feet. The kitchen was going to be completely redone . . . flooring, cabinets, ceiling, sink . . . everything. The popcorn was going to come off the ceiling in the living room and white wooden shutters were going to adorn the big picture window. Carpet was going to magically turn into wood flooring and the front door and french doors in the family room were going to be replaced.

WHAT HAPPENED? We decided to open a SCRAPBOOK STORE!

You can guess what happened next, the dream house was put on hold, in fact my entire life was put on hold as we remodeled the store, turned over inventory, hired employees, and made our REAL DREAM come true! What an adventure this has been, but there is no doubt it my mind that it was the right decision.

Back to the opening comment . . . "Isn't This Great?" I was finally able to dust the shelves, clean off the kitchen counters, and make some order out of chaos. The scrapbook studio is jam packed with storage boxes, remmants of scrapbook supplies from my home business, and rows and rows of empty peg board. The sink in the kitchen is still "green". The flooring is still very old yellow linoleum. The kitchen cupboards still bear samples of the paint swatches. The couches are still the same. And the dust rag is evidence that there are other priorities in my life besides DUST.

But, this IS GREAT! I can live with a green sink, and with yellow floors, and with kitchen cupboards, and with dust bunnies as long as I wake up each day and have another chance to live life to the fullest. BUT, the scrapbook studio will become a reality and the couches have got to go. I am going shopping tomorrow and and won't come back until I find something new. Life is too short to worry about some of the insignificant things. What is important to me are the freedoms we enjoy, family, friends, my faith, and the joy that Devine Memories brings each day.

Now that I am good for another six months with the DUSTING THING, "Life is Definitely Great in Mesa Arizona!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I hope you find some great things, Sandy!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sandy . . . Mom, Grandma, Sister, and Friend said...

Thanks, Jen. Due to scrapbooking priorities, I didn't get to go couch shopping, but it is going to happen sooner than later!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home