Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Just thinking about when the kids were little and it was just the "5" of us. Mike stopped by the store tonight and it was good to see him. He's so busy . . . way busier than I am . . . and it's always good to catch up on what's going on with his life. I always enjoy when the kids call or stop by unexpectedly just to say hi! It doesn't seem that long ago that they were all living at home.

I miss the pitter patter of little feet. I miss having them come in and jump on the bed and wanting to sit and visit . . . or like Kim was saying tonight . . . the "giggle wrestles" we used to have. I miss not reading bedtime stories and singing good night songs and falling asleep on the bedroom floor in the middle of a make-up story. I miss Saturday morning's and waffle breakfasts. I miss not cooking dinner and having one of them hanging around the kitchen to help. I miss dirty baseball and football uniforms. I miss shopping sprees and finding those "I can't live without" bargains. I miss messy rooms and loads of laundry and packing lunches. I miss hugs and kisses and surprise birthday decorations in the bedroom. I miss chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and peanut butter rice cripsy treats. I miss coming home from work and finding the house miraculously cleaned. I miss the dandelion flower bouquets and the homemade cards. The list could go on and on, BUT most of all I miss hearing the traditional "See you in the morning, I love you, good night!"

Everyone will tell you they grow up too fast, but you really don't believe it until it happens to you . . . so take time to sit on the floor and build a tower out of blocks, or take a walk around the park, or attend a dance recital, or sit in the bleachers and watch the game, or stay up late until they come home from a date so they can tell you how much fun they had, or share their tears because things didn't turn out the way they had hoped.

One of my most favorite jobs is being a mom. And even though they grow up and move away, you are still the mom. It's "ok" to get a late night phone call wanting to know how to take care of a sick child, or just calling because they haven't talked to you for awhile. All of the mothering moments are priceless! I have such a wonderful relationship with each of my children . . . I can honestly say they are my best friends and that's one reason why "Life is Great in Mesa Arizona"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home