Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Homemade Soup!





There is nothing better than a pot of homemade soup. I made a pot of turkey rice soup this afternoon . . . the weather is just perfect for this type of venue. I love to make soup . . . and I love to share my creations with others. In fact, I have some people who call me to say that "they are sick" just to get a pot of my homemade soup! I know that Michelle has not been feeling well (I sent her home early yesterday from the late night crop) SO, I gave her a pot of my soup with a plate of buttermilk biscuits. That was a good thing because sharing always makes the pot taste better!

To make the night even more perfect, I had a fire in the fireplace while I was working on my class samples for this week. The F A M I L Y album created by "Rusty Pickle" is dang cute and with a few added embellishments, it is sure to make a great gift for any member of your family. You can see a partially finished sample on the Devine Memories website.

It was a wonderful Sunday. I was spiritually fed with sacrament meeting, sharing of testimonies, and lessons taught. A central theme was having the courage to do what you know is right! It's always good to have that gentle reminder to help put your life back into perspective. I am so grateful for this time of year and for the remembrance we have of the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. The holiday season seems to calm the soul and bring the end of a year to full circle, ready to start again with the new year!

I went Christmas shopping a couple of nights ago. It was FUN! I have to admit that I did splurge a little on myself . . . some new clothes, shoes, music CD's, and other stuff. I found some really, really good hot chocolate mixes. Right now I am sipping on a cup of Mexican Chocolate . . . great chocolate taste with a hint of cinnamon. Again, the hot chocolate is another great companion to the homemade soup and the warmth of the fireplace. I even bought myself a new snowman mug!

From my perspective, LIFE IS GREAT IN MESA, ARIZONA! Have a wonderful week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy O said...

Hmmmmm.... homemade soup, biscuits, hot chocolate, a fire in the fireplace, and scrapbooking??? Can I come live with you??? PLEASE!

8:42 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

and this person is slipping because he was home sick the last couple of days and he didn't tell you!!
i need to get a huge copy of your fireplace picture and slap it on my wall. my little wood burning stove is cute, but it's just not the same effect as those lovely logs all aglow.
i'll be over later for some hot chocolate!!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home