Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back from Pine . . . what a great getaway . . . even if it was just for one night! The weather was perfect. We woke up to 30 degrees this morning and the air was crisp and smelled so good. It was fun to sit in front of the fireplace and hear the logs crackle and pop . . . such a sharp contrast to the quiet and serenity outside. I took pictures of the early morning and then several others throughout the day. Can't you almost feel the fall in the air, smell the pine needles, and hear the babble of the creek?
It was a great leadership activity for the youth of the ward. They worked hard and planned several activities for next year. They learned how to consider the needs of others, set goals, plan with a purpose, and work together to put together some awesome activities. There was plenty of food and fun and games and singing and laughter. What an awesome group of young men and young women!
My alarm went off several times while I was gone . . . not sure what happened, but everything was in its place when I got home. My cell phone was out of range and I didn't get any calls about the problem until this morning. Apparently the police responded all three times and then got worried because no one could get in touch with me. I am happy to report that I am safe and sound and rested from sleeping in the pines.
Everyone needs to get away sometime, even if it is just an overnighter away from the hustle and bustle of the real world. It does a body and mind much good and helps keep things in perspective. Have the rest of a good weekend and remember that Life is Great is Mesa, Arizona!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home