Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Starting a new year . . .

Out with the old . . . in the with new. Are you thinking New Year's resolutions like I am? I have been doing a lot of contemplating and soul searching about those things I want to continue to improve on, those things I want to change, and those new things I would like to work on this year. I am grateful for this new year and the opportunity it gives me to look at my life in future and in retrospect, and to do a personal inventory about where I am, where I have been, and where I want to be going.
Life is a series of ups and downs, highs and lows, happy and sad, and good and bad days. I have learned that we can't appreciate the good days without experiencing a few bad ones along the way. One of my favorite quotes has always been: "We don't have problems, only challenges and opportunities". I truly believe that the perspective with which we live our lives helps us to navigate and manifest the outcome. Sometimes it feels like we are rowing against the tide, but just think about the strength we gain when we continue to row and fight and work hard to accomplish our goals.
It's not easy accepting that we have weaknesses or that there are things we need to change. It takes a lot of courage to look ourselves in the mirror and be honest in making a list of resolutions or goals. But there is great satisfaction in doing that, and in setting out on a task to make change or to improve upon the positives in our lives. AND, it doesn't have to be a January thing . . . it should be an ongoing evaluation and introspective review. If we wait a year to evaluate how we have done or how we are doing, we will probably lose sight of the goal and not accomplish as much as we could have.
I most want to strengthen my spiritual self so that I am prepared to meet life's challenges and handle them with my emotional and physical self. It takes physical, emotional, and spiritual energy to live in the world today. My goal is to keep life in an "eternal perspective", to live my life in a manner that will bring me peace and help me work towards the ultimate goal of perfection. That probably sounds a little self-serving or maybe even overwhelming, but that is my goal. To work with my creator to make of myself all that I can be, and all that I am meant to be.
So . . . some of my goals will be very personal, and some of my goals will be family related. Some of my goals will deal with work, and some of my goals will be more task oriented . . . BUT, the ultimate purpose of all of these goals will be to help me become the person I want to be. We are all a "work in progress" and what a wonderful work we can all become!
Happy New Year! I know that my life will be great this year in Mesa, Arizona. And may it be great in your part of the world, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home