Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom and Michelle!

It seems just like yesterday that Michelle was born . . . I can remember bringing her home from the hospital . . . all 5 lbs 8 oz of her! She was the cutest little thing and she was born a day before my mom's birthday. My mom passed away when I was "5" months pregnant with Michelle and it was very special for me to have her born so close to my mom's birthday. Michelle's middle name is "Rose" after my mother Rosemary. Celebrating Michelle's birthday today also allows me to celebrate my mother!

I miss her sometimes and then again, I miss her lots of times. It's been "30" years since her death, and so often it seems just like yesterday. Only Jen and Tom knew Grandma Rosie. She was my best friend and a few years ago I found out that all of my brothers and sisters felt like she was their best friend too! She made each of us feel so loved and very special. I have tried to be such a friend to each of my children.

So . . . here's to memories and mothers and daughters everywhere . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home