Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Late Night . . . Early Morning!

The all night pajama party at Devine Memories last night was soooo much FUN! We laughed a lot, played silly games, gave away lots of prizes, managed to get some scrapping done, and ate and snacked and NEVER SLEPT! During this time my home alarm went off "2" times and I had to drive back and forth to make sure things were ok at the house. It turns out the cats set off the motion sensor in the family room. They are both grounded! Everyone who came to scrap held out to the end and had a great time. It was amazing how quickly the hours went by and how much energy we had. Thanks to all the great gals who came and scrapped with us, and special thanks to Kim and Amy for the make 'n takes, the movie trivia game, and the unusual but witty entertainment! Poor Michelle was sick with "bunny" allergies but she managed to keep up with the rest of us. Watch the calendar for a 12-hour holiday workshop in October and a late, late nighter in November to get those last minute projects done.

So . . . I get home and crawl into bed about 7:30 a.m. thinking that I don't have to wake up until early afternoon. Well, the phone rings at 11:15 with someone asking me to donate to a worthy cause . . . went back to sleep and about 12:00 noon I get a call from the store that the credit/debit machine is not working! We think about all the alternatives, try them, and no luck. Knowing that I can't take care of the problem without actually being at the store, I get out of bed, make attempts to look somewhat charming, and head to the store. Needless to say, the machine was locked up and couldn't be fixed. Fortunately, I had a brand new machine at home, which I thought to bring with me, and about 50 minutes later we were back in business. Oh, the life of a business entreprenuer!

Now that I'm home, I really don't have too much energy, the body aches, and a tub full of bath bubbles is calling to me. We have a storm brewing outside, so I think an early night in bed with a good book or a good movie sounds just about right. Have a wonderful holiday weekend and don't forget that life is great . . . even with all of the detours along the way!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

oh wow you had an exciting day! hope you enjoyed the peace and quiet!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

witty but unusual entertainment? I'm not sure how to take that! ;)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

oh no! I hope you're able to get some rest tomorrow and catch up!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home