Life is Great in Mesa Arizona

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Boot Camp and Tulips!







We made it through our first week of "Boot Camp" and are still alive! Michelle and I and a couple of her friends signed up for a 6 week exercise camp at the gym which started last week. This has been a challenge . . . not only do we have to be at the gym at 5:30 a.m., but they work us non-stop for an hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I must admit that I feel really good after the work-out, even though the muscles ache and the body hurts and I have to get up sooooo early! For those of you who know me best, I would much rather stay up late and sleep in the next day. Anyway, I'm psyching up for week "two". It has been rainy and gray and cold this weekend which will make it much harder to get up tomorrow morning . . . but, I have promised myself that I will do it. I will keep you posted on the progress.


A very bright spot has been a vase of tulip bulbs that a friend picked up for me from COSTCO. Twelve bulbs are growing in water in a glass vase. It has been fascinating to watch the bulbs sprout, grow, and now bloom into beautiful purple tulips. The flowers are guaranteed to bloom for several days, even into weeks if taken care of the right way. Did you know that you can extend the life of a tulip by cutting a small slit on one side of the stem just below the flower? Apparently this directs the energy of the bulb to the slit and not to the flower . . . which means the flower lasts longer. This has definitely added a bit of spring to the unusually cold winter weather in Arizona.


I'm looking forward to a great week . . . remember to exercise, get plenty of rest, enjoy the beauty of the earth, and spend time with those you love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home